Monday, September 27, 2010

Skipping to the present...

It's really hard for me to reflect on my school life, but I'm working on updating the past few weeks. I didn't want you guys to miss the sick awesome vacation I'm currently on though. I typed this blog post when I didn't have internet. The [] marks are supposed to be pictures. However, I've lost my camera (and actually think it was stolen), so please pray for a miraculous recovery. Seriously! I have to get it back. So use your imagination when you see a [] and hopefully I'll fill in with some of Kelsey's pictures later.

Kelsey and I are doing a 14-day Kiwi Experience bus tour of the south island during our school holidays. We flew into Christchurch and arrived at our hostel around 11pm.

After a great night sleep, we woke up to explore the city. We ate a great brunch at Bailey’s Bar and Grill. Kelsey had hot cakes with a side of scrambled eggs. You know you’re a teacher when you notice the fraction example of your leftovers. I had Eggs Benedict with a side of fruit and yogurt. One of my favorite things about NZ is how cheap kiwifruit is.


After filling up, we rode the tram around Christchurch to get an overview of the city and take in some of the beautiful architecture.


We weren’t able to tour the Christchurch Cathedral because of a funeral, but we hope to catch a tour on our last day of vacation. Look at all the priests outside!
Check out the link below if you’re interested in seeing our upcoming stops: http://www.kiwiexperience.com/bottoms-up-backpacker-tour.aspx

We got free tickets to the Canterbury versus Northland rugby match. Kelsey and I know nothing about rugby, but it was fun to be around screaming fans and cheer a team to victory. We cheered when the Canterbury fans cheered and yelled when they got upset.




Then we went to Countdown (the NZ grocery chain) and bought cheap baguettes, meat, cheese, and other snacks. We took our food to Victoria Square park and ate by the river.

Christchurch is such a beautiful town. It reminds me a bit of Charleston, SC in its historical beauty and quaint personality. After watching a few episodes of Friends, we went to bed in preparation for our 7am bus start.

1 comment:

  1. By all means, buy a disposable camera - YESTERDAY! This is too good to miss! XXXOOO

    ReplyDelete