
We boarded the Kiwi Bus at 7am, which was really 6am because of daylight savings time. If you can’t guess, I was not thrilled to “spring forward” twice in one year. The bus is nice and big with lots of friendly people. After one stop for breakfast, we arrived in Kaikoura around 11am.
Kelsey and I decided to take the three-hour hike around the peninsula. We ate a quick takeaway lunch from a seafood stand. I had a L&P soda with a Whitebait and egg sandwich. The fish still has eyes in the sandwich… I love when my food stares at me. Kelsey and I enjoy ordering different dishes and going halvies. She had a tasty Blue Cod sandwich. Because I lost my camera, I don't have pictures of our food, but we met a Whitebait fisherman who let us take a picture of his catch. This is Whitebait...
Check out the beautiful views from our hike… the Kaikoura mountain range took my breath away all day... and we saw seals for the first time!!

No comments:
Post a Comment