Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Day 13... Queenstown

I went skiing once when I was about eight years old. All I remember is doing lots of slow runs on the bunny slope and the fun rope lift uphill. Then my Dad took me for one run on the easy slope. I remember flying downhill, not knowing how to stop, crossing my skis and sitting down. It was terrifying, and I didn't like that feeling of being out of control.

Fast forward to today… Kelsey and I went skiing. I had a fantastic lesson in the morning. My ski instructor was awesome, and I really enjoyed the bunny slope. Kelsey and I met for lunch at the lodge (she did the level of lessons that start with the chair lift runs… superwoman.) Then I decided to go on an easy chair lift run with her. It was exactly like I remember. I flew downhill, leaned forward (not backward like you’re supposed to), and ended up doing some impressive vertical splits as my legs flew over my head.

So I think skiing is not my thing. I would like to try it again, but wow. Quite the experience. Kelsey and I walked around town and ate really nice pizza. I really like this wall I saw in Starbucks.

1 comment:

  1. oh becca... the moments i wish i could have experienced with you... or just see your face while you tell these stories!

    ReplyDelete